Thank you to Sprouts Farmers Market for sponsoring this post! As always, all opinions are truly my own! With the new school year beginning just days away, here are a few nutritious after school snacks made in 10 minutes or less!
Okay, y’all! It’s Back-to-School time!!! Yayy!! Woohoo!! I know that I can’t be the only one that’s excited! Lol! I absolutely LOVE preparing for the new school year! The best part is buying the new school supplies! I love buying new notebooks, folders, pens, crayons… I could go on and on about my love for school supplies lol!I absolutely LOVE preparing for the new school year! The best part is buying the new school supplies! Click To Tweet
Another VERY important component of the new school year is the after-school snacks! I don’t know about you, but my kids are HANGRY when I pick them up from school! Even though dinner is only about 1 hour away, the kids are usually requesting something to eat as soon as we get home.
I made it my mission to create some new and exciting after school snack recipes, so I picked up a few items at Sprouts Farmers Market and got to work! Let me tell you guys something…shopping at Sprouts is one of my favorite things to do! I love scoping out the fresh produce, the organic health/wellness products, and the candy and nuts section! It’s my happy place! Thanks to Sprouts, I was able to create some fun, nutritious after-school snacks that take only 10 minutes or less to prepare!
Nutty Peanut Buttery Nana Toast
Nutty Peanut Buttery Nana Toast is such a great after school snack to satisfy any sweet tooth! Besides taking less than 5 minutes to prepare, this recipe provides a great source of protein which is crucial when dinnertime is hours away! My kids love this snack because it contains two of their favorite ingredients: peanut butter and bananas, but I love this snack because it provides a serving of fruit to help them reach their daily recommended intake!
• 4 slices of whole grain bread, toasted
• 4 tbsp natural peanut butter
• 2 bananas, sliced
• ¼ cup granola
• 3 tbsp walnut pieces
• Optional: honey for drizzle
1. Spread 1 tbsp of peanut butter on each toast.
2. Top with sliced bananas, granola, and walnut pieces.
3. Cut diagonally and drizzle with honey, if desired.
Make 8 servings.
Super Duper Fruity Pizza
Who wouldn’t love to have pizza for snack? This Super Duper Fruity Pizza is such a fun snack that is bursting with deliciousness and wholesome goodness! Instead of using a cookie for the crust, I used the tops of whole grain sandwich thins and topped them with cinnamon and a hint of sweetness! The vanilla Greek yogurt and fruit toppings help to make this snack hearty enough for the toughest snacker by providing a great source of protein, fiber, potassium, and antioxidants!
• 6 whole grain sandwich thins, tops only
• 2 tbsp butter, melted
• 1 tbsp cinnamon
• 1 and ½ tbsp sugar
• 6 tbsp vanilla Greek yogurt
• 4 kiwi, peeled and sliced
• 1 cup strawberries, sliced
• ½ cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, cinnamon, and sugar. Spread evenly over each sandwich thin top. Bake for about 5 mins and set aside to cool.
3. When tops are cool, top each one with 1 tbsp of vanilla Greek yogurt, strawberries, kiwi, and blueberries. You can make any design you want with the fruit!
4. Serve and Enjoy!
Make 6 servings.
Yummy Salami Veggie Pinwheels
When the kids are craving a satisfying savory snack, these Yummy Salami Veggie Pinwheels are the perfect choice! This snack is a great way to add in an extra serving of veggies for the day. Vegetables are loaded with essential nutrients that kids need to grow and perform well in school! Any snack that allows my kids to eat veggies is always a ‘plus’ in my book!
• 2 large spinach wraps
• 8 slices of genoa salami
• 8 slices of swiss cheese
• ½ cup shredded carrots
1. Heat salami in microwave until steaming hot and set aside to cool.
2. Top each spinach wrap with 4 slices of swiss cheese, 4 slices of salami, and ¼ cup of shredded carrots.
3. Tightly roll each wrap and cut into about 1 and ½ inch pinwheels.
4. Serve and Enjoy!
Make 12-14 pinwheels.